Saturday, October 25, 2008

--coming up blank

Well, I know I should keep up with this better, probably going to be a short blog tonight. I can't think of anything much to write about, so I will just put down whatever randomness comes to mind.
Right now I am wishing My daughter would just fall asleep already. Its getting late and she is showing no signs of wanting to sleep. This is getting later and later every night. How can you FORCE a 2yr old to go to sleep?

Gas prices are on the way down. We are at 2.44/gallon locally. If we can get it back down to around 2/gallon then things will be much easier and maybe prices of everything else will ease off. Of course if that happens then people won't feel as pinched, maybe consumer confidence will rise and we can get the economy on a real positive note again.

THe alphabet song, twinkle twinkle little star, and "Ba Ba black sheep" all have the same tune.

I am concerned about the presidential election, but more so about congress than the presidency. Yes the president can influence his party to get his policy ideas into and through congress, but ultimately he is has little real domestic policy power. If the democrats get Congressional super majorities and the white house, we are in for some very serious times in this country. But then again I think that happens whenever any party maintains the control of the Executive and legislature. Afterall it was under the republicans this last time that the federal government doubled. Neither major candidate really supports cutting the size and scope of the federal government. Obama appears to be a Marxist, and McCain has a dubious record on really wanting to follow the constitution. Its a shame that 3rd party really isn't viable. It most often reduces the vote to "who one dislikes the least" instead of "who is right for the job."

I am looking into options for getting large prints of some of my better pictures. I created one that would have been about 36x27 inches I think and the framing options and everything brought it to almost $400 dollars (ack).

No comments: