Tuesday, November 15, 2016

It is so clear that everything is hazy

There are numerous wildfires burning across the SouthEast.  The smoke is spreading down across Georgia as far south as Macon.  It is very irritating to the throat mostly and everyone is urged to stay indoors because the air is considered unhealthy.  There is another chance of rain this weekend, but it is fairly small, not more than 20% according to the latest forecast I saw today.  Saturday was a nice day, the wind was out of the west instead of coming down out of the north and East so the skies and air were clear.    From the last report  the fires are considerably more contained which is good, but firefighters  have not been able to put them out.  The drought in this area is fairly severe and we need the rain badly.

I should count the blessings that all we have to deal with here is smoke and irritation.  The fires themselves are not a danger to us here.   But I need to remember those who are in the path in my prayers.
The view from the office today.


The smoke hangs in the air and I noticed this afternoon at work the sun was visibly dimmer. It was some better in Oakwood than in Gainesville when I left.

 I don't have much clever or insightful to share tonight.

Thank you for reading, and may the Lord bless and watch over you.

No comments: