Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I suppose I should give the traditional "What are you Thankful for" list.

First of all I am thankful to The Lord for all the blessings and grace he has shown our family and myself.  I am thanjkful for a wife who loves me, four healthy children, a house, a stable job, enough money to see that our needs are met and even most of our little wants.    I am thankful to live in a country that I can be free to say what is on my mind, to worship God and tohave a say in our governmental process.   

I know that we often minimize or even forget Thanksgiving in the headlong rush toward Christmas.  The actual event is overshadowed now by "Black Friday."  We need to make sure to take the time to really stop and thank the Lord for the blessings we have in our lives.  
 

No comments: