Saturday, June 28, 2014

saturday Night thoughts

Just a few random thoughts for tonight

I have thought a lot about What to write for my post.  Everytime I think of writing I don't have time, and when I do have time, I don't think about writing.   Then I try to make sure that I am not simply re-hashing everything I have written already.
New content and new ideas are a good thing.  So here I am trying to figure out what to write for a blog entry.  It is currently summer vacation, which means the kids are home during the day.  I, of course, am still getting up for work each day.  It doesn't seem like it has been almost 16 years that I have been working at M3 and that Stephanie will be 15 in September.   She is starting High School this year.   She is growing into a young woman and is no longer my 'Munchkin'.   I don't think she will ever let me live down having let that slip out at Youth.   This weekend the Youth Group is heading to Panama City Beach for camp.  Yvette is going as a chaperone, and Steph and Joe are both going.  So it will be just the little ones and I for the weekend.  I suppose I need to stop calling them that since they will be 8 in August and heading to 3rd grade.

I guess the thing to keep in mind is that time doesn't stop, the days do not stand still.
It is that that leads to the next idea i have been thinking about.  That a new idea of how Quantum Entaglement allows for, or gives our perception of the passage of time.  See article Time illusion.
If I read it correctly, the idea is that quantum entanglement allows for the perception of the passage of time within the universe, but if you were to look from Outside the universe there would be no passage of time.
In ways, this makes sense.  God exists outside of the universe, and sees all of time at once.  I think C.S. Lewis called it the infinite Now I believe.  Not a perfect illustration I am sure, but an attempt to explain how we could both have free will, AND have a God who knows all things at all times.   Another explanation is that if God is Omnipresent in Space, then he will be omnipresent in Time since Time and space are different aspects to the universe.  I have to admit I had not thought of it from that point of view.  The more I learn about the Universe, the more I feel it points toward and not away from God.  And in fact underscores how he can be an infinite God.


No comments: